Running a family is a tough job! Running a family and exercising on a regular schedule may seem almost impossible at times. Here are some ways to stay fit as a family.
- Have a dog that needs walking? Use this time to take a family walk and discuss the peaks and pits of your day
- Raining outside? Give each family member a chore to complete and race to see who can get them done the fastest-believe it or not vacuuming and dusting is counting towards your step total for the day!
- Out running errands with your family? Use the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator or park at the back of the parking lot to get those additional steps in.
- Find a local charity walk and sign the whole family up! Making a difference can also be healthy.
- Buy a trampoline for the back yard, it is fun for all ages and is a great way to get some vitamin D as well without laying out!
- Have a beach close by? Take the family for an outing, bring a volley ball net or take a walk down the beach to find buried treasure.
- Does your gym membership include guest passes? Bring the family to a Zumba or Yoga class!
Have any other topics you want to hear about? Tell us about your ideas at email@example.com! And don’t forget to join our panel so you can share your ideas in our online communities!