Are you interested in improving your healthy lifestyle habits but cannot afford the expensive workout facilities and meal plans? Here are a few cheap and easy suggestions for staying healthy on a budget without having to break the bank.
- Local Produce: Check your local farm offerings; this is the season farmers offer crop shares. A subscription that gives you access to a variation of local seasonal produce weekly for a reasonably low price. These shares are usually very plentiful, so find a friend and split it to cut the cost in half!
- Myfitnesspal.com: This free app tracks your calorie intake, exercise regimen, and weight loss progress. It is easy to get started and stay on track with your goals when you have an app to do everything for you.
- Apple Health: This free app can be downloaded and will allow you to track your steps throughout the day. This also syncs to Myfitnesspal and allows you to take your exercise calories into account while tracking your meals to give you a few more calories to use during the day!
- Netflix: Interested in joining a fitness class but can’t afford the membership fee? Join Netflix (starting at $7.99 per month) and gain access to a variation of different workout videos. Pilates, yoga, strength training, cardio—they have everything you need at the click of a button.
- Pinterest: This free app gives you instant access to quick and healthy recipes, grocery lists, cleanses, workout regimens, and meal prep ideas. Warning: very addicting!
Have any other ideas we should know about? Tell us about your ideas for staying healthy on a budget at email@example.com! And don’t forget to join our panel so you can share your ideas in our online communities!