Acne can be difficult and expensive to treat and treatments do not work the same for everyone. We are all aware that eating healthy and drinking lots of water is good for our skin, but there are many other natural remedies that can improve acne as well.
Below is a list of some less obvious natural remedies for acne and why they work.
1. Ice: Helps with inflammation
2. Quinoa: Acts as a gentle exfoliant
3. Light: Blue light kills bacteria that causes acne and red light reduces inflammation
4. Colloidal oatmeal: Relieves dry, irritated skin
5. Aspirin: Dries up pimples and reduces inflammation
6. Witch Hazel: Naturally dries and reduces blemishes
7. Apple cider vinegar: Fights bacteria, reduces inflammation, dries up excess oil, and acts as a toner
8. Tea tree oil: Fights inflammation
9. Honey: Honey’s antibacterial properties improve acne
10. Lemon: Acts as disinfectant and diminishes scars
11. Green tea: High in antioxidants which fight bacteria and inflammation
For more remedies, recipes, and information on how to apply these remedies visit: