Today the positive body movement is being embraced more and more. The healthy at any size attitude is spreading whether it be on your social feeds, on the runway or in print.
It is more important than ever to ensure future generations understand what healthy should look and feel like as they are overloaded by images of the way you should look and emphasis on fad dieting and weight loss trends.
Here are ways to incorporate positive body thinking into your everyday life:
• Promote healthy eating – even if you aren’t Bobby Flay there are ways to keep things interesting at home. Locally, restaurants and businesses are introducing healthy cooking classes to share recipes and techniques that you can use at home to make healthy tasty for your family.
• Positive compliments – words like “you look so skinny” is out. Instead incorporate more positive praises into your conversations like “you are looking great these days”
• Sharing with others – social media tends to be the scapegoat for negativity and oversharing. Turn this outlet into something helpful for others. Share your experiences on new recipes, health products and share all those fun activities you do with your friends!
• Stay active without putting too much thought into it –Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car farther away, drink lots of water, get outside as much as you can, stand and take breaks at work
• Keep a top-ten list of things you like about yourself and share it with your family – positivity is addicting and can spread to others around you just as much as negativity can
• Focus on health and wellness as opposed to weight loss